Hello, I'm Andrew.
Thanks for dropping by.
I have three days in a 24 hour period: one work day, one personal day, and one sleeping day. Outside of my frontend job, I dedicate a lot of my personal time learning about finances, (recently) reading more books, and spending time with my fiance. I have a big-floofer cat named Bud, and he only bites me 10% of the time when he purrs.
Never stop growing. Your structure academic life does not end after highschool and/or college, but instead extends the rest of your life. I strive to be deliberate with my time, and hope I help those the way those helped me when I needed them most.
Software Engineer II
Mar. 2021 - Present
- Creating district administrator dashboards in React.js for the Districts Team
- Researched multiple data visualization libraries to help company decide on which library to use for admin charts
Senior Software Engineer
Nov. 2022 - Mar. 2021
- Led frontend development of internal CRM system, reducing clicks per ticket by 70%, allowing for SLA enforcement and on-demand reporting
- Designed a universal, FAQ widget to enhance Google SEO, boosting user engagement and click through rate by 15%
- Identified and resolved bottleneck challenges for low bandwidth users in legacy code through smart caching and identifying key data points, increasing productivity and code maintainability
- Mentored onboarding junior engineers and frequently updated onboarding documentation, decreasing new engineers ramp up time
B.S. in Computer Engineering
University of California, Santa Barbara
Nov. 2012 - Jun. 2016